RMIT’s Research Centres are making a national impact in research.
Our Research Centres demonstrate RMIT’s research capabilities in focused research areas and undertake high impact research that has national recognition. Many of our research Centres are involved in influencing policy at a State and National level. The relationships RMIT’s Centres have with Industry and Government create opportunities to conduct relevant, focused, applied research in their areas of expertise.
Through their access to world class facilities, equipment and infrastructure, academics working within Centres contribute to an active and vibrant research environment. RMIT’s research Centres provide members and students with the opportunity to develop their research careers in a focused and well supported environment.
- Centre for Advanced Electronics and Sensors
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Industrial Chemistry
- Centre for Applied Social Research
- Centre for Business Education Research
- Communication Technologies Research Centre
- Centre for Construction Work Health and Safety Research
- Centre for Design
- Globalism Research Centre
- Centre for Innovative Structures and Materials
- Micro/Nanomedical Research Centre (MNRC)
- Centre for Molecular and Nanoscale Physics
- Rheology and Materials Processing Centre
- Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Centre
- Satellite Positioning for Atmosphere, Climate and Environment (SPACE) Research Centre
- Centre for Sustainable Organisations and Work
- Urban Research Centre
- Water: Effective Technologies and Tools (WETT) Research Centre
- Global Studies Week at RMIT 20/05/2013New ways in thinking about the social, cultural, political and economic issues critical to Australia's future will be explored during Global Studies Week at RMIT University (20-24 May).
- University science delegation visits India 15/05/2013RMIT University has led a high-profile Victorian delegation of science leaders to visit research and industry partners in India.
- Reinvigorating the spirit of globalisation: lecture 14/05/2013Internationally-renowned pioneer of globalisation research, Professor Roland Robertson, will deliver RMIT University’s 2013 Tom Nairn Lecture.